We had such a fun day. King J was able to take a half day and we just did lots of fun family things together. About 4 pm we started to get ready. Princess E had already had a party at preschool so we just had to touch her up.

Princess M had been wearing her tiger all day as well. She didn't think it was fair that she couldn't dress up in the morning too. So I said what the heck.

She LOVED getting her "ryan" (lion) make up on. She would run out and just admire herself in the mirror. Then run back and say, "I so scaree ryan. I care everyone."


A little powder helped to keep her nose on longer.

Princess E loved the chance to finally get to wear some makeup. She had a hard time when I had to warm up the green pasty stuff, but did fine with the green powder that I put over it to blend it a little better. I found out I do a pretty good job with my make up skillzz!!:)

Here she is asking me if she can have this makeup for herself. Um no, don't think so.

Our trick or treating tradition starts downtown Tooele. All of the main street businesses hand out candy and you just go store to store. Each year it has gotten bigger and bigger. This year was no exception. I am not sure how we managed to get this picture with so few people in it with us. There were bodies everywhere.
The funnest thing the whole night for me was when we got out of our car and princess E started seeing everyone in their costumes. She just got big eyed and would say, "oh look at her, she is Dorothy. She is so cute. Oh look a dinosaur, Oh a doggy, Oh how cute a princess and on and on, and on. It was so fun to see her so mesmerised by it all.

Princess M got tired pretty fast. Thank goodness we have such a good strong daddy. She happily got on his shoulders and let him do all the work. He couldn't figure out what she was doing up there. So I turned around and this is what I found. She was just chillin resting her head on her arms, that were folded on his head.

This was my favorite costume of the night. The white doggy dressed as cookie monster. To cute.
Another highlight was when a real live deer came hoping back and forth across main street while we were walking. King J and I were both just glad that it didn't get hit right there in front of all the little kids. That would have been really memorable.
After main street we headed over to the church for our trunk or treat. When we got there princess M had pretty much opened about 1/3 of her candy and either taken a bite or licked it etc. She was so excited for her loot. We walked around and Princess E started complaining that her bag was too heavy to carry. I assured her that was a problem that mom and dad can help with, LOL.
We headed home around 7:30. It was dark, cold, and princess M had had it. I guess it was a bad decision to let her skip her nap that day. Oh well they went to bed early and King J and I were able to finish the night off watching Return to Oz for our Halloween flick together.
We hope you all had a good one too.
1 comment:
The more I read about Maddie... the more I find that she has in common with Gracie. It's so crazy!
Post a Comment