Tuesday, November 6, 2007

17 days of Thanks

Molly started this on her blog, who started it from another friends blog and so on. I thought it was a great idea for me to do as well. But since I am starting it a little late in the month, I am just calling it the 17 days of thanks. :) Some things may be silly, some more in depth. But all things that I am very grateful for. So bare with me.

day #17

Today I am thankful for a very responsible husband who is able to hold down the fort while I have mommy time away from the house. I have never had to worry at all about how well King J and the girls will get along while I am away. He is always very willing to take care of what ever he needs to so I can have the much needed time to go to Enrichment, Girls weekends away, or even just a night at a friends for a few hours. A few weeks ago when he took a day off so I could go do a boutique with a friend, someone told him, "What a good husband you are to help your wife. My husband would never take time off like that. " He told them, "Well I am the dad. I should be the first one willing to help with MY kids when there is a need. " How lucky am I?

Today was no exception. Princess M has not been herself for a few days. She has been very moody and just about everything makes her mad. (you can hardly tell she is my daughter. lol) Every night when it is just about time for dad to come home, I have had it with the screaming, fighting and crying. Last night I had my monthly UFO (un finished objects) enrichment night. I really didn't have anything to work on or a real need to go, other than I needed time away from having to be the Mom. Several of the women's husbands called them more than once during the 2 hours that I was there. But my phone didn't ring once, and when I got home the girls were in their jammies, in bed, saying prayers with daddy.

I am so grateful for the kind of man you are Justin. You are a wonderful dad and make our lives better because you are a part of them.

3 comments:

It's Beautiful Here said...

Okay so that is the sweetest thing with Justin. He is so sweet to you. Don't you just love having that great of a companion in your life.

FoxyJ said...

Ben is the same way. He hates it when people congratulate him for "babysitting". He always says "I'm parenting my children". I work two evenings a week and people always ask who takes care of the kids. My husband of course. He has no problem getting them dinner and getting them to bed. Isn't nice to have someone who can take care of you? :)

Rochelle said...

I have always been so impressed with how Justin loves and respects you. He is definetly a gem!