Today, I am thankful for modern medicine.
We had a baby shower today for my sister in law, and whenever I attend a baby shower, I am reminded of the fact that I never got to go to mine. I was in the hospital hoping that my sweet little girl was going to live. My shower was a double shower with my sister, scheduled for the Saturday after I had her at 26 weeks. They went ahead and had it and just brought all of my gifts to the hospital. 
With my second, friends offered to have a shower for me but I told them not to, as I felt stupid asking for gifts when I already had pretty much everything since I was having another girl. A decision that I have always regretted.
But I would gladly trade not having a baby shower any day, then to not have my girls here. I am so grateful for the Dr's and nurses who made it possible for my 2 sweet hearts to be thriving today. In a state where it is still legal to abort up to 28 weeks, I am so thankful that my 2 little
1 comment:
That post almost made me cry! I am so grateful that you have your two little girls. That picture of Millie is one of my favorites. I've been thinking about her a lot today since I was working on her christmas gift! I hope the shower was a blast! Miss you...
Post a Comment