Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Day #10 and #11

So sorry I missed yesterday. I was so tired by the end of the night I couldn't lift my fingers. Which ends up being what I was thankful for.

I spend the afternoon raking up all of the leaves in our yard. 3 hours and 6 gigantic TV boxes of leaves later, the yard is green again. I have blisters on my hands, and my arms and legs feel like I have been doing push ups for days. But I am so grateful that I have a body that can feel sore. That I have arms and legs that work how they are supposed to, and that I had the motivation to keep going.

Today I am thankful for the grocery store. If you know me, you know that one of my very favorite things to do is go grocery shopping. I LOVE it. I think that if I could be a personal grocery shopper for hire, I would do it. I am so grateful that we have a central place that we can go and get the things that we need to feed our families. After spending the afternoon yesterday doing yard labor, I am so grateful that I don't have to do that every single day in order for my kids to eat. I probably would be a lot thinner, lol, but it frees up my time to do other things.

1 comment:

Rochelle said...

I love the grocery store too! It's my way of getting my "I need to spend money" shopping out of my system since we aren't really spending our own money. I don't know what I'm going to do when we don't have food stamps anymore! We are so blessed.