Friday, November 9, 2007

Day #14

Today I am very thankful for free food.

I spent at least an hour and a half today bottling and canning 7 jars of pears that I got for free from the food drop last week. I have been able to can and freeze so many things in the last few months thanks to this wonderful program. (Each month the Utah Food Bank drops off, mostly perishable, stuff that they need to get rid of at various locations around the state. You don't have to qualify, it is open to every one.) What a blessing it has been to our family. We have really been able to cut our food budget, and make our food stretch farther.

1 comment:

Rochelle said...

nice! I still need to check and see if they do anything like that out here... people are probably lined up for miles if they do! Oh-- I LOVED the video of Justin's dad in his band! They are really good!