Sunday, November 11, 2007

Day # 12

Today was our primary program. I have been looking forward to this day ever since I can remember. I used to love sitting in the audience and listening to the little kids say their parts, but mostly watching that one kid sing his or her lungs out to all of the songs. I was so excited for that to be my kid one day.

Well today was the day, Princess E and I have been practicing our parts for weeks. I am the president so I had the intro. We had been working on her part, and I realized at our first practice that I was pretty hypocritical asking all the kids to try their best to have them memorized, and not be an example myself. It has been really cute this past week for Princess E to ask me out of the blue to tell her my part. Then afterwards she would always say, "You did such a great job mom, grandma is going to be so proud of you."

Well, she didn't end up being the kid who belted out louder than everyone else. But was among the rest of the sunbeam clan who had a very difficult time keeping their legs/arms/dresses down. She did an amazing job on her part, "I know I am a child of God because...I love Jesus."

I always knew that Primary was a great program for children. But it hasn't been until I had my own children that I have come to realize and gain a testimony of it. I am truly grateful for Primary. That we have help as parents teaching our children the plan of salvation and the love their Father in Heaven has for them.

1 comment:

Rochelle said...

I wish I could have been there to see Mills! How fun. I bet Grandma was really proud of you doing your part.... just like she said. :) They asked me to be the primary chorister the next month and a half while the real one goes home for Christmas. I'm totally intimidated... but it will be fun. I just get nervous in front of the teachers! I could care less about the kids watching me! If you have any tips... they would be great! :)