I am thankful today for the ability to develop talents.
This morning I was over at my friend Lisa's house working on finishing up the gift tags for the monthly family card swap and she asked me how long I had been doing this card group? I had to think about it for a minute. It will be 2 years in December. I remembered that my sisters had started the group been doing it for a few months and I didn't want to be a part of it at all. I just didn't feel like I could invest the time or money, nor was it something that I was interested in. Making home made cards? No thanks, it just wasn't me.
Well they decided to include me one month anyway. Then asked me to participate by making a few Christmas gift tags. I decided to look around the house and see what I could put together as to not disappoint them. My first attempt turned out OK, and I decided that it wasn't so bad. In fact it was kinda fun. I mailed off my tags and waited for the batch to come back. Once the package came with my share of the tags, I quickly realized that I had a long way to go to be as good as all of my sisters. My tags looked pretty pathetic next to theirs.
While I still don't feel like I am as experienced as most, I do feel like I have grown in my card making abilities over the last 2 years. I am now in 3 card swap groups, have been selling my cards and was recently ask by someone how I got to be so good at making cards?
I think it is wonderful that Heavenly Father gives us opportunities to develop new talents all the time. Weather it be some thing as simple as making a card, or as complex as becoming a concert pianist. I am so thankful for all of the talents that I have, I just hope I can continue to develop them and use them to bless the lives of others.
1 comment:
I am amazed at how far you've come. I have to keep up to be as good as you are now! :)
Post a Comment