Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Why did the chicken cross the road?

To get to our freezer!

Maceys had their chicken breast on sale for $47.50 for a 40 lb box. So we stocked up. But unfortunately it also meant that I had to spend the afternoon cutting, pulling the fat off and bagging it. They were HUGE double breast portions. I cut them in half and took most of the fat off. I ended up having about 5 lbs of fat in the bag at the end. It was sick!The finished product. (well I still need to go get freezer bags tonight, but you get the idea:) 50 chicken breasts later.

And Nancy, I thought of you the whole time I was working. You would have loved squishing it through your fingers. :)

3 comments:

Molly Bice-Jackson said...

Sick! You have a friend who likes to squish fat between her fingers?? Tell her she can come to my house and play with my stomach. EWWWW! That was gross too. umm...why doesn't Park City have a Macy's or anything cheap????EVen the Walmart here is expensive!

King J, Queen M, Princess E and Princess M said...

Molly, Nancy is my MIL. She HATES raw meat. She cooks everything still frozen so she doesn't have to touch it. I was just being funny.

Molly Bice-Jackson said...

That's funny! I worked at Teriyaki Sticks once, for 3 days. They had me in the back cutting raw chicken for 6 hours and that was the end of that.