I was at my Dr's office, a few months ago, getting a prescription to get back on my depression meds. I mentioned, in passing, that I knew that my weight was one of the things that contributed to my depression. That ever since having Princess E, and all the stress on my body then and also with Princess M's birth, that it just seemed to be an uphill battle that was just out of control. She mentioned going on Phentermine to help me get it under control.
Well I was very excited since I had taken the fen phen a few years ago before it was pulled and had done really well. Phentermine was part of the combo that was proven still safe. So I began and have been doing really well.
One of MOF's (my online friends) asked me today how things were progressing and asked me if I had any pictures to share yet. So I thought I might as well post my progress here tool.
This is the response I gave her.
I have been doing great!! Thanks for asking. I have lost a total of about 24 lbs. I am fitting into old clothes and I am feeling wonderful!! It ended up that our insurance doesn't cover the pills so I even continued to loose weight w/o having the pills for 2 months. We decided to do whatever we needed to, to have me stay on them though, until I reach my goal weight.
I just hit my first goal, to be where I was before I had Princess M. Now I am going for my next goal. Which is making it under 200. Not having insurance pay for them has been a blessing. I feel more accountable to make better choices and to exercise. I feel like why are we putting all this money into something that we really can't afford if I am not doing all I can do make it count.
She then asked what I was doing in addition to taking the pills, and here was my response.
Mostly I have changed my portion sizes and what kinds of snacks I have. I am a very snacky person and I just couldn't tell myself to stop. Now I buy all those 100 calorie packs and they are way worth the $. I also cook with a lot more fresh fruits and veggies. I tried really hard to stock up the freezer when everyone was giving us their produce this summer so I will have plenty on hand for the winter. But mostly it is my portions. The pills give me tons of energy and I find myself working my butt off doing stuff throughout the day and I count that as my exercise because I wasn't doing much at all before. But I am hoping soon to also get into a good routine with walking and our elliptical.
So I hope you can see my progress. I am very happy with myself and what I have been able to accomplish. I will continue to post about my progress so you can all watch me shrink. :)
1 comment:
Congratulations! 24 pounds is a big deal! I'm so proud of you. You look great... I've always thought so, but it helps when you feel the same way too! Miss you!
Post a Comment