Monday, October 22, 2007

My paper creations

I was asked by a close friend to help her with a boutique that she does every year this past weekend. It was out at the Benson Grist Mill, called the Pumpkin Walk. It was so much fun. She told me in advance that it was a pretty kid friendly event so the more cheap kid things that I had to sell, the better I would do. Well since I didn't have much money to invest, I figured I would pull out the Oriental Trading catalogue and find things that I could give out for Halloween if they didn't sell. Well it was pretty successful, other than we were rained out on Saturday.

The other thing I decided to try and sell were some of my home made cards and Thanksgiving place cards. About 2 years ago my sisters tried to get me to join a card group that they had formed. I politely declined since it was one more thing to worry about and not really something that I was interested in. Well they decided to include me anyway and I was hooked. At first I wasn't very creative, and my cards were pretty, well crappy. But as time has gone on I am very pleased with my progress. Oh and I now participate in 3 card groups.

So when I needed to come up with things to sell, without putting out any money upfront, it was a no brainer to sell my cards. Here are just a few pictures of the name cards and the Christmas cards that I made to sell.

I still have plenty of them left, so if anyone is interested in either of these, or I also sell mixed packs of various occasion cards, just let me know. I will make you a good deal.

No comments: