Monday, March 17, 2008

Shameless project showoff

I had the wonderful opportunity to make all the wedding flowers for a great friend this past weekend. It has been a while since I did such a big wedding so it was lots of fun to get the creative juices flowing again. It was a very fun wedding to do in that she had basic ideas of what she wanted, but really left it up to me to work the magic. Those kind always turn out to be the prettiest because I am not bound to a picture, or certain type of flower and can really use my talent to it's fullest. I will say this though, it sure was a lot easier to stand and work on my feet for 15 hours straight when I was doing it on a regular basis. I am so thankful for the makers of Tylenol, and that I went and got shoes with good arch support to help me make it through the day.
A HUGE thank you to Jay and Dean for letting me turn their home into my own flower shop for the weekend. It sure make it easier than having to go back and forth from much further away.

These centerpieces were beautiful! They used them for both the luncheon and the reception. This picture doesn't show it well, but for the evening, the vases were lit up with submersible pink lights. This was the second wedding I have done with the vases lit up, and I am going to urge every bride to do it. They are SO cool and just give it something a little extra.
I wished that Chelle could have been there to see it all. It was just spring everywhere in the reception hall at Wheeler Farm. Pink, pink, and more pink. It was gorgeous!
Congratulations Brandon and Jenny! Thank you for letting me be a part of your special day.


9 comments:

Rochelle said...

They look amazing! You are so talented. Thanks for thinking of me!

Meshelle said...

The flowers are beautiful, Missie!! You did a fantastic job!!

It's Beautiful Here said...

I still think you did just so awesome!! You are so talented in so many ways.

Anonymous said...

Those are so gorgeous. They complemented everything so well.

Molly Bice-Jackson said...

I just read the story below about "mell my finger!" I am still laughing!!!

OK, and the flowers...GORGEOUS.

The Mathews Family said...

I'll repeat the previous posts. Just gorgeous! I can't imagine how much work those took. They're beautiful!
-Jessica

Anna....of Anna's Quilting Designs said...

You've always been so talented with flowers, Miss. Thanks for posting them. I wish we could get you regular jobs! What a benefit to brides everywhere!!!

Jennifer @ Fruit of My Hands said...

The flowers are gorgeous! It was fun to meet you today.

B.G. Christensen said...

That really is impressive. One of the best things about blogging is being able to show off when you do cool things. :)