So I have lived in this state for almost my whole life, and I had never been to the Tracy Aviary, or the Bird Zoo as the girls like to call it. It was SO fun. Despite being a bitter cold day, it was such a fun place. No crowds, just about any bird you could think of, and lots of shade for when it gets warmer.
We got there right in time to help feed the pelicans. Each of the kids got to throw a few fish. To bad the were shorter than the railing, so they didn't really hit their mouths. But it was fun to watch anyway.
We took our new buddy Carter with us, and boy did he like all those fun birds.
Unfortunately my camera batteries died, so I didn't get any shots of our favorites, the flamingos and all the peacocks walking around. Or the condor that chased us back and forth as we walked past his cage. He was fun. He was about the size of Princess E and bobbed his head up and down as he ran.
We liked it so much we finally were able to buy a season pass. It was a deal at $40 and gives you admission to just about everywhere else in the state, as well as many places out of state.

We got there right in time to help feed the pelicans. Each of the kids got to throw a few fish. To bad the were shorter than the railing, so they didn't really hit their mouths. But it was fun to watch anyway.
We took our new buddy Carter with us, and boy did he like all those fun birds.
Unfortunately my camera batteries died, so I didn't get any shots of our favorites, the flamingos and all the peacocks walking around. Or the condor that chased us back and forth as we walked past his cage. He was fun. He was about the size of Princess E and bobbed his head up and down as he ran.
We liked it so much we finally were able to buy a season pass. It was a deal at $40 and gives you admission to just about everywhere else in the state, as well as many places out of state.
3 comments:
We went there a few times when you kids were younger. Too bad we don't remember things when we're small. Dang... Glad you could enjoy it! I'm so happy when I see you kids enjoying nature with your kids. Thanks for sharing....Mom
So fun!! My girls probably would have freaked out!!
If we do end up back in Utah, I can't wait to explore all the fun places I took for granted before!
Post a Comment