Wednesday, March 12, 2008

My 2nd annual Birthday Pedicure

First of all if you have never had a pedicure you need to find some time and go get one. They are WONDERFUL!! Last year King J took me for my first one and I was in love. If I could afford it I would go every single month. There is something about doing something like getting your hair done, or getting a pedi or manicure that makes you feel so pretty and special. My mom decided that for each of our birthdays, this year she was going to give us a girls weekend away. I got to go up to Layton to our Aunts Ilenes house and just relax. No kids, no husbands and lots of girl time.
When I was getting ready to go, the girls were both pretty sad. Lately they both have been having a little separation anxiety whenever I leave the house with out them. We are not sure where it is coming from but they are always worried that I am not going to come back. Anyway, as they were saying their usual, "but we are really going to miss you..." I said "well you know how you really like the happy mommy better than the bad mommy?" They both said "yes we like her better!" " Well sometimes mommies need to go away with other mommies for a few days so that they can be nicer." To which they replied "OOHHH, OK mom. Go find the happy mom." he he

I had such a good time. I was able to sleep in my own bed without having any extra little bodies crawl in with me in the middle of the night. I woke up early and went on a long walk then had a relaxing time sitting in the massage chair as all the rough callouses on my feet were scraped away. They even surprised me by painting a cute daisy with a rhinestone center on my big toes. It looks so cute.

Mom forgot to bring something other than her tennis shoes for when we went to lunch afterwards, so she just sported the really stylish plastic, paper thin, flip flops. What a Hottie!

Thanks for a great weekend Mom!! I love you!

1 comment:

Rochelle said...

Dang! I'm sure I'll have fun with Anna... but spending the weekend with mom right now sounds fantastic!