Monday, March 3, 2008

Kindergarten Registration

I can hardly believe we almost have a kindergartner at our house. She has grown up so fast! She was so dang excited to go fill out the paperwork that would get her registered at school.
We went over and over that we were only registering, kindergarten did not start today. She kept saying that she knew, but when we got there she was upset that I wasn't just leaving her there to go to school. And filling out all this paperwork was "Boring!"
While we were there, all the classes were getting out of an assembly so they were all passing us in the hall. She turned and looked at all the kids and said very matter of factly, "Look at all these kids who haven't met me yet. They are all going to be so excited to meet me!" I couldn't help but giggle. I sure hope she keeps that self esteem. I know I sure could have used it growing up.

2 comments:

Rochelle said...

She says the funniest things in the world! I can't believe she's starting Kindergarten! We finally decided once and for all to keep Lincoln in Pre-school one more year. The clencher for me was when I found out that Kindergarten is full day out here... I'm not so keen on that idea. I can't wait to see you guys in May!

Karyn said...

I'm glad she's excited! I love that last pic of her!!