Thursday, February 15, 2007

14 days of Valentines

So I belong to a few online LDS mothers message boards. Well a few of us on one of them decided to do the 14 days of Valentines for our husbands. We started on the first day of February and ended on Valentines Day. It was such a fun way to start the month. I was able to get the girls involved and we had a fun time surprising dad each day. We started with putting some kisses in his work shoes and a note that said “We kiss the ground you walk on. We love you.” There was a lot of fun little ones. One of the girl’s favorites was when we got a few ring pops and I asked him to marry me again with a note with a yes/no box and asking him to mark one. He was a little embarrassed when I pulled one out of the diaper bag at church one Sunday. One of his favorites was when Princess E and I washed, vacuumed, and polished the car. We left this note inside, “Ever “scents” we first met, you have “filled up” my life with laughter, “brightened” my darkest nights, “wiped” away my tears, and “sucked” me into your world. You have made me better than when you found me. I love you!”
My 2 favorites were on Tuesday, I had a gift box of Jones Soda Love potion #9 delivered to him at work with the words of the chorus on the note. He was a little confused at first because there was also a card from a trucker on his desk. He thought it was from him until he saw my note. I got a little chuckle out of it. My very favorite though was what I gave him on Valentines Day. I have a friend who took a picture of some aspens and photo shopped in our initials. I found this really neat picture frame and I was able to put a few of our engagement pictures on the sides of the tree one. I put it in our bedroom with a list of the 101 reasons why I loved him. It was really cool. He made me really feel special that night. He told me that a lot of his plans had fallen through. But just knowing how hard he had tried, and the effort he put forth made me feel really good and know how much he cares for me.

One of my very favorite presents though, came that morning when Princess E came down to breakfast. Her eyes got really big when she saw balloons, candy and a little toy for her and Princess M. Before she went to look at her new loot, she came running over to me and King J, threw her arms around me and said, “ Oh mommy, I love you happy Valentines Day. Thank you so, so much.” Then she did the exact same thing to King J.
All in all, it was a wonderful day. I love my family so much and consider myself a very lucky Queen.

No comments: