Saturday, July 18, 2009

Helping Hands

I have been one lucky lady this week as I have been recovering. There have been so many wonderful people who have helped me during this first week of recovery.

But one special little girl has really shown concern for my well being. Princess M has been such a sweetheart. More than once she has been found holding my hand and placing the other on my back as she leads me down the hall to my bedroom. Or to bring me a drink or dinner in bed. Or she just pats my stomach and asks if I am feeling better.

This morning takes the cake though. For some reason, over last few days, she and Princess E have taken a liking to drinking out of the 2 baby bottles I still have lying around. Well this morning she asked me if she could get it out to play with it and I told her no that it was dirty in the sink and it had to go in the dishwasher and that it had to be unloaded first. She looked sad but then I didn't see or hear from her for a few minutes. We hear some noise coming from the kitchen and King J investigates. She and Princess E are emptying the dishwasher. Nothing special since it is one of their daily jobs. We tell them thank you for doing that and I will load it in a while when I get up.

A little while later, Princess M still hasn't emerged from the kitchen. I take a peak around the corner to find this.

She had taken it upon herself to load the dishwasher for the first time ever!

My heart swelled. I love this little girl!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh that warms my heart! What a precious girl you have. She loves her mamma.

Rochelle said...

Sweet Maddie! My kids don't even know what a dishwasher is!

VTS said...

Ohhhh! I'm playing catch up on blog reading and have loved this one. What special little ones you have. I hope that you're doing better now. I wish that I was there to take care of you!

Rasmussen Family said...

This brought tears to my eyes. What a sweet girl!