Sunday, April 8, 2007

Happy Birthday To Me

While we were in Tennessee I had my 29th birthday. Not that 29 is old at all, but I don't feel that old. But King J and the rest of the family made my day great. It started off with a big bouquet of flowers in the morning, lunch and a pedicure in the afternoon, and fun times at the park that night.
The pedicure was wonderful. It was the first time I had ever gotten one. King J knew that I have been wanting to have one for a while though. So it was a great surprise when that was where he took me. It was a little strange though to have only 2 Asian men running the nail salon. But he sure did a good job on my feet.In Chattanooga they have some really great parks. At thise one, there is a Merry go Round and these really cool water fountains that spray water in the summer. When there isn't water they make great places to take pictures. We were looking forward to the Merry go Round, but it wasn't in operation that night.Kirsten, Megan and Princess E on the turtle.King J and I have a picture 5 years ago, almost to the day, on this same elephant. It was the trip when I met my future in- laws and he proposed to me. We sure look cute don't we.Just a cute picture taken while we were at the park. Grandma Cooley showed us a picture of her as a little girl and she and Princess E could almost be twins. Especially in the eyes. We now know who she takes after.The girls learned how to play hide n seek. But unfortunately there were very few places to hide here at the park. This tree proved to be a favorite hiding place.This is the Tennessee river. There was a walk way that went right down the the shore. We sure had fun that night.

1 comment:

Rochelle said...

Man, I didn't know Tennessee was that gorgeous! I'd love to see it when everything is in bloom.