Monday, April 27, 2009

True Confessions

So I have never, ever been good at reading my scriptures every day. Even when I was young and in seminary. Even when I was on my mission. Gasp, I know shameful. It's not that I didn't want to, well maybe sometimes. But honestly it will get to the end of my day and I will be at the almost sleep stage and I will remember I haven't read. Or days, or even weeks, go by and I realize I haven't cracked it them open.

BUT...... I have recently found a solution that has been working swimmingly. I spend a TON of time on the computer. To much time really. Have you heard of iGoogle? Well King J stumbled upon it a few weeks ago and it is amazing. We have switched our home page to it. You download applications for things or sites you visit most. On mine I have things like facebook, yahoo mail, YouTube, the lowest gas prices within a 10 mile radius, and the current and forecasted temps for where we live. Wait for it, and I also have a Book of Mormon chapter-a-day on there.
I decided that I am not allowed to visit any of my favorite "web" places until I read my chapter. I am happy to report that I haven't missed a day! It feels really good.

3 comments:

VTS said...

What a great idea! I recetly told myself that I can't get to Absolute to train in jujitsu unless I go to church that week. I think it will work since I get serious withdrawls when I don't train. Hooray for goals! Hooray for us!

Dr. M said...

Great idea. I haven't read my scriptures on a regular basis in years, but I added this to my iGoogle page, and started on chapter one today.

Crafty Lady said...

That sounds like a great idea. I'm going to check out iGoogle. (and go read) :)