Thursday, April 23, 2009

Bring on the Heat

So it has begun. Today is the first day that we have really felt the heat of the Georgia weather. And it is only 80 degrees. But the humidity is probably at 100%. I have had to empty the dehumidifier every single day that we keep in the basement. We are trying hard not to turn on our ac until it is absolutely unbearable with opening windows and the fans. Since we don't qualify for equal payments on the power until the fall. Thank goodness for the shade the trees provide. That should help us hold out for a while longer. :)

2 comments:

Aubrey Garff said...

we are so lucky to have dry heat here in AZ. I can't imagine what that humidity must be like. If you need a break come on out to our place!

VTS said...

Oh man! Good luck with that. I remember when I had to live with that brutal humidity where I was growing up in Boston. It was suffocating!
P.S. I LOVE your family pic in the sidebar! So sweet!