Saturday, April 19, 2008

Ace of Cakes got nothin on me

So, remember my post about practicing with the fondant so I could do the barbie cake for the girls? Well, drum roll please.....I am so proud of myself. It turned out SO cute. Better than I could have ever imagined. The princesses were both pretty pleased with it as well. I couldn't bare to put the candles right into her dress, so I rolled little fondant roses. It was a great idea.
She even had a little gold necklace.
Not that great of a shot of her backside, but it had a big bow with tails that went to the bottom of the dress.
They both loved opening presents from Mom and Dad as well. They are still at the age where we pretty much have to get them the same things so they don't fight. They both got a barbie beetle and a new barbie. Princess E got a new preschool barbie laptop.
Princess M got some moon sand. She loves playing with playdough so I thought the no drying out factor would be good, and it looks so cool on TV. Well, it is sand. Plain and simple, it makes an even bigger mess than the playdough. It kept her happy though for almost an entire conference session. So I guess it was worth it in the end.

It is so fun each year being able to celebrate their birthdays on General Conference weekend with family. I think they get a little bit of birthday over load after it is all over.

Thank you to all of you who mailed presents and well wishes to them. They certainly felt like the princesses that they are.

2 comments:

Rochelle said...

I am so impressed with your cake skills! You'll have to teach me...

It's Beautiful Here said...

shoot! No kidding Missie, You are so talented in pretty much everything!