Wednesday, July 25, 2007

GWO 2007

I have posted before about MOF (my online friends). Well for the last 2.5 years I have grown to really love women that I have never met. We are an online community of LDS women who are all moms. Well last year we all decided that we wanted to plan a weekend where we all could meet. We called it the GWO (girls weekend out). It was a year in planning, and it was a HUGE success. We had between 50-70 women at the cabin in Midway Utah almost all weekend. There are approximately 130 women total on the board, so it was amazing that so many of us were able to make it. We had women who flew in from as far away as Germany and Mexico, as well as those of us who were more local.

It was such a good weekend. It was just like a girls camp for grown women. You would think that having so many hormones in one place there would have been at least one cat fight, or cliques that formed, but there was none of that all weekend. It was funny on the first night as we all arrived to enter a room where there were familiar faces, and you knew intimate details of these women's lives, but it was a room full of complete strangers. But as the weekend went forth we grew to love each other even more.

Thank you to those who put in so much time and effort this year to make it the best first GWO. (we all decided the day after we got home that we want to make this an annual event :)

3 comments:

Rochelle said...

That makes me wish I hadn't left that board. How do you find time to check it all the time? I could never get into it very much. I'm glad you had so much fun!

King J, Queen M, Princess E and Princess M said...

There were actually several people who asked about you, and wondered where you went.

What can I say, I am addicted to it. Even more so now that I have met so many of the women irl. I have withdrawls if I go without getting on the board at least a few times a day.

Rochelle said...

Really? people asked about me? I guess I never felt like people really cared about me on there. I never had a connection with it like you and Meshelle did. I think it would help a ton if I lived closer and could meet some of them in real life. I'm so glad that it's been so good for you though.