Wednesday, July 25, 2007

July 6

For a long period of my life I had a huge fear. I feared that I was going to spend the rest of my life alone. I decided that I was going to make the best of it and I got myself to a point where I was happy with who I was and was doing all the things that I knew Heavenly Father wanted me to be doing. I decided to stop wishing for things that were out of my control and just focus on what I did have control over and to be the best me I knew how to be. It was after I changed my attitude that I was introduced to the most incredible man ever!!

I got an email from a mission companion telling me that she wanted to set me up on a date with a friend of hers. She told me that he had a nice car and nice shoes. (as if those sort of things were what I was looking for. lol) Well after many attempts to convince me to go, the date was set. On December 6 2001, I met the man of my dreams.

7 months, and thousands of miles on our car later, we looked at each other across the alter in the Nauvoo Illinois Temple and covenanted to be each others eternal companion. I have never made a better choice in my life.


It hardly feels like 5 years have passed. I am more in love now than I ever was. I truly am grateful for a loving Heavenly Father who led me to my knight in shining armor. Who knew more about what was right for me than I did.

Thank you King J for making me your Queen, your pearl of great price. Thank you for a great 5 years. I love you!!

1 comment:

Rochelle said...

You guys are the cutest. I've always admired Justin and how he cares for you. We love you guys so much!