Tuesday, January 3, 2012

New Year, New Resolve

So for the few people who read our blog, I need to apologize.  I did not make it a priority to update regularly in 2011.  It also was a rough year with lots of trials and changes and the blog took a back seat.  But my favorite gift I received for Christmas was from King J.  He had our blog from 2007-09 bound into a book.  It is incredible and it made me sad that for the last few years it hasn't been high on the list.  One of my goals for this new year is to keep better track of our families lives.  I LOVED looking back and reading some of the little things the girls did.  I am so glad I recorded them.

So, with that being said, we had a great Christmas break.  We gave the girls some of their presents early.  I was able to work at the scholastic warehouse sale this year and was paid in books.  I cashed in almost $400 and got some great things.  We decided that since we were going up to King J's parents house again for Christmas that we would have them open most of the books before we headed up there so that we didn't have to haul them.  It was awesome.  We had them open one package each day until we left.  It was amazing watching them savor each item they opened instead of cast it aside for the next gift.  I liked it so much we might just do it again next year.

Like I mentioned we went up to Tenn. again for the Holidays.  All of King J's siblings were there.  It was a full house for the 10 days that we were there.  21 people total.  But minus the stomach bug and the head colds that were passed around.  It was good.  There wasn't any drama, or fights with the kids.  It was just a great visit.  We opted to stay in a tent down in the office for the week.  It actually was great to have our own little space to retreat to whenever we needed a little space and a quiet place to sleep.  It was a great visit, but it is good to be back home and doing the normal routine.  Whatever normal is. :)

1 comment:

Rochelle said...

I love this resolution. I love reading your blog.

We need to plan our next get together. It's been too long.