I don't think I have ever written down my New Years Resolutions/goals. Much less in a public forum. But I have been thinking about it and I think if I do it will help me be a little bit more accountable and also help me remember them. :)
I have spent a lot of time thinking about how I would like to improve this year. As a tradition, on Christmas Eve, we always act out the nativity and afterwards give a gift to the Savior. The gift is something we want to do to be more like the Savior the coming year. I wanted to have everyone write it down this year and place it in a special box. But I forgot the box so I didn't worry about it. But I still want to put mine down in writing. This year I want to give the gift of being more forgiving of others. Just like the Savior is with each of us. This has been something I have been working on through most of 2011 and I want to continue in 2012.
I also began really trying to take care of my earthly tabernacle in the later part of 2011. I joined an accountability group with sisters from our ward. It more or less is like weight watchers where we meet once a week to weigh in and to talk about health and ways to help us meet our goals. I was scared to join the group. I had to be coaxed into going by a few friends. My weight has ALWAYS been a trial for me. I just didn't want to fail one more time in front of friends. But I mustered up the courage and I am SO glad I did. It has been the best thing. King J and I both have been changing our lifestyle. We want our spirits to be in control and not our physical bodies. We have been changing our diet, and our family's diet to more of an 80/20 approach. 80% veggies/fruits/grains and 20% meats. We aren't going totally vegetarian as we still eat a little meat, but it isn't the focus of our diet anymore. It has been fun and exciting and tasty finding out how to cook this way. We feel so much better and the scale is responding too. So another goal for 2012 is to keep on learning and taking better care of the physical bodies we have been given, by eating well (following the Word of Wisdom better) and to keep exercising daily.
My last goal for 2012 is to be a more fun mom/wife. It hit me last night as I was dancing in the kitchen while I was making dinner and princess E came into the kitchen and was looking at me like I had been possessed that I need to be silly more often. I have always been more concerned about being responsible (which I am not planning on giving up) and how I appear to others that I forget to have fun and to live in the moment.
I know there will probably be other things that I decide to improve upon this year too. But I feel like this is a good place to start/or keep improving.
So, what are some of your goals for this year?
No comments:
Post a Comment