Today has been a great day. It started with the girls getting right up and doing their homework without any fuss. (It may or may not have had anything to do with the fact that I told them we were going to go to the movies later. :) ) While I read my scriptures. We then did a little Kinect adventures exercise together and then headed for the $ Theater. We just learned we have one that is almost an hour away, still cheaper than the regular movie. So we made the trek down there only to find out almost all the movies were sold out and the place was crazy busy. So we settled on a less than stellar movie since we had come all the way. We still had fun together. I did hit a all time record though. I not only took in our snacks, I packed sack lunches for each of us. LOL It was a 12:05 showing so why not. I even took a whole salad for me. :) But I couldn't bring myself to pull it out and eat it. A little different than the pbj the girls were eating.
We came home and decided to do a little cooking together. We gave both of the girls kids cookbooks for Christmas and they have been begging to make something. So we shopped for the ingredients for the recipe's they wanted to try on Saturday and today got to work. Princess M chose Ariel's fish (jello jigglers shaped like fish) We made raspberry lemonade flavor and they were delish. Princess E had 2 she wanted peanut butter cookies and cheeseburger casserole. Both were great. The casserole tasted more like baked spaghetti than a cheeseburger though. I love cooking with the girls. But as I was helping Princess E and teaching her all the terms for the baking process I realized how much work it is and even the simplest of tasks I take for granted that it is just something that I know and is second nature to me. I am glad I am starting young to teach them. I hope they will love it and make even better food than I do someday.
So yeah, it's been one of those days where you pat yourself on the back for a job well done.
No comments:
Post a Comment