Thursday, February 14, 2008

A Valentines Day Message from King J

Hi everybody!

I wanted to take a minute and let you all know how awesome my wife is. Most of you already know her so this won't come as a shock, but I wanted to say publicly what I see when I look at her.

My wife is the heart and soul of our family. She is not quick to anger with our kids, even while they are constantly demanding her attention and bickering over the smallest of things. She runs the house and runs the schedule of our family with precision and order. I am constantly impressed with how clean my house is when I come home from work and now she has worked her magic on our girls so they compete to see who can clean up a room the quickest. She plans out our meals a couple of weeks in advance so when she goes to the grocery store, she only buys what is needed in order to avoid over-spending. This amazes me.

I also come home everyday to a well-prepared meal and often my girls will all be sitting at the table with smiles on their faces. I can't say in words how much that means to me to have 3 beautiful girls happy to see me each day. There are days where I know that I have a ton of schoolwork waiting for me at home but as soon as I open that door and see them sitting there, the stress just melts away. I can accomplish anything if I know I have that to come home to each day.

I should also say that I have never asked or demanded that my wife make my meals for me. She always does it out of love and with pride in her ability to make amazing food. I could have written this whole post about her food actually, I am VERY spoiled.

Aside from what she does, who she is makes her amazing. I see a lot of strength in her desire to do what is best at all times. For her, it is not simply about doing what is right or just to meet expectations...she wants to do what is best even if it is inconvenient to her. As a procrastinator and as someone who struggles with being outgoing, my wife helps me work on my weaknesses. That being said, she is extremely patient with me and my quirks as well (she has a good sense of humor).

She is beautiful and loving and somehow I have convinced her to be with me forever. As long as I keep this in my mind, I have nothing to complain about. In her patriarchal blessing it says that her husband will look at her as his pearl of great price and knowing that it is in her blessing strengthens my testimony of the gospel and the priesthood even further.

I love you babe and I look forward to many more years of loving you. Happy Valentines Day!

King J

7 comments:

Rochelle said...

That was the cutest thing ever! Justin, you are the best.

King J, Queen M, Princess E and Princess M said...

Thanks Baby! You made me cry too!

The Mathews Family said...

Wow what amazing things to say about your wife! Having met your wife briefly last summer I can agree with you that you sure are a lucky guy!
-Jessica

Taffi said...

you are the sweetest dh ever, I think. and i've met your queen - she really is an amazing lady. you are lucky!

Anna....of Anna's Quilting Designs said...

It really made me cry as well. I am soooo grateful my sweet, sweet daughter has someone like you to be with forever. Thanks for sharing your feelings. Missie, I think you're the best as well!! Thanks for what you teach me every time we're together. ~~Mom

Phyllisa said...

What a great couple! I'm glad you have each other

It's Beautiful Here said...

So cute! You are both so amazing together and the love that you share. I love that you shared a little of your love for Missie with the rest of us!