A friend of mine sent me the link to this video tribute of our beloved prophet. It is the best I have seen yet, and sums up my feelings for him. You will need to mute the music on the sidebar first.
I have constantly had him on my mind this past week. On our family message board the question was asked if anyone else was just plain missing him? And honestly, I am so happy that he has gotten to move onto the next mission in his life. I am sad for those of us who have been left behind, but he is with his sweetheart again.
My older brother summed it up even better than I could when he said,
"Really, I've thought of the reunion in heaven as he came in. Makes you wonder if there's like a newsletter that gets sent to all the angels, with who's coming back into heaven that week, so they all know what time to line up and welcome people back. I imagine Marjorie was right at the front of the line (either first, or second behind Christ - although I like to think He would let her go first!) Then, after greeting his family, there's the "Prophet Club" waiting to welcome their newest member. I imagine Joseph Smith welcoming him, followed closely by Nephi, Alma, Mormon and Moroni, Moses, Peter, James and John, and all the other prophets. Giving him a pat on the back, shaking his hand, etc. He probably got a day or two off to reunite with people he hadn't seen in awhile, then had an interview with Heavenly Father and Christ to update them on how he did. Then, at the end of that meeting, They gave him his new calling, and put him right back to work. I imagine right about now he's working just as hard as he ever did.
Basically, I haven't really been "sad", as much as happy that he's been able to move on and be reunited with all those who came and went before him... "
Thank you President Hinckley, for your life, your service, and your example. Thank you for helping my testimony to grow in so many ways. Thank you for helping me to see the importance of temple work. Thank you for helping me to stand a little taller, and to be a little better. You will definetly be missed. Until we meet again....
Saturday, February 2, 2008
Gordon B. Hinckley Tribute
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment