I won a new toy last week when I joined a friend at her Bonko group. I had never played before, but I guess I am a pro because I took home the big prize. I didn't care for the electric skillet that I won, so I took it back for something else that I had my eye on. My very own food dehydrator!
Every time I would buy fruit roll ups at the store for the "snack" of the week, I would think back to when we would sometimes make our own fruit leather at home with my mom as kids. Well and since I have kind become a do-it-yourselfer, I have dreamed of having my own food dehydrator.So last sunday afternoon, the girls and I decided to try it out. They helped me pour the fruit into the blender. The first batch was strawberry peach, Mmmm. Princess M was very anxious and just about every 10 minutes would come and tell me she was ready to have her "fwoot rull ups". How do you help a 2 year old understand by Tuesday they should be done?
Well she and Princess E went upstairs to play barbies or babies, (I know they were playing nicely and that was all that mattered) :). Princess E comes down to King J and I and asks where Princess M is. It is rather quiet in the house, so we all go on a hunt to find what mischief she is into now. We can't find her anywhere. It is getting a little dark, but isn't pitch black yet, and the phone rings in the kitchen. I go in, answer it, and lean against the counter. Over on the table there is a lump of something. I go a little closer to get a better look and I burst into laughter. She was so anxious to have her yummies that the warm air mixed with her cold medicine, helped her take a nice snooze. She slept right there by it for a good 2 hours. It was too cute.
No comments:
Post a Comment