Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Tigers, Mermaids and Fishies Oh My

So a few weeks ago I decided that the girls needed blankets for their beds. So I was keeping my eye out for some material that I liked, and was affordable. I was at the DI one day and found exactly what I was looking for. I found some twin sheets in perfect condition, that were The Little Mermaid and Princess Jasmine and her tiger. I knew the 2 Princesses would be in love. I thought that it was high time I helped the girls have cute bedrooms. I have a friend who has been painting her sons room in various characters and I thought these two patterns would be perfect to do something similar.

So this weekend I was able to meet up with my mom in Park City and tie the quilts. The girls just love helping grandma with all of her various "projects". This time they learned how to clip the strings on the curtains she was sewing.Then they thought it was a fun idea to use the fabric strips to tie up the chairs. We spent almost a full day and a half tying the 2 quilts. I was so excited to be doing it with my mom, so the girls would have a history to go with the quilts.
They both really got into "helping" tie them too. It was amazing that no one got an eye poked out.
Princess M has been super excited for her Tiger blankie. She even wanted to sleep with it that night even though it wasn't quite finished. The binding still needs to be done.
We woke up the next morning and finished Princess E's. I taught her how to push the needle down and then bring it back up which would result in a stitch. She would cover each fish with a few stitch's and say, look mom they all have band aids. Not sure why they all needed band aids, but it was still cute.
It was a good weekend out with the girls. My fingers are killing today, and I still have work to do until they are ready to go on the beds. But it will be worth it in the end. I will post pictures of the completed blankets when they are finished. Or I might wait until the rooms are all completed. I guess we will just see.

7 comments:

Rochelle said...

So fun! Both of my families were in Park City this week... that's so crazy! The Wilde's had a sisters trip up there to shop, eat, watch a chick flick and stay in a hotel. We need to start that tradition too... the quilts are darling! How fun to get that time with mom. I miss you!

Rochelle said...

Who is the little blondie in pigtails in the second to last picture? I can't figure it out.

King J, Queen M, Princess E and Princess M said...

Molly's little girl, Lucy.

Jeremy said...

gotcha. Lucy is a darling name!

{Erica} said...

oh my....ella would flip with those blankets! Someday I will know how to set up quilting stuff and...er...quilt...until then I can just admire :)

Molly Bice-Jackson said...

See my comment on the post below..love you!

Rochelle said...

How did the new haircuts go? I can't wait to see the before and after shots! :)