On my way up to Park City this weekend I remembered that one of my old mission companions/room mates/long lost sisters lives there. Most of you that know me well, know that I am not the best at keeping in touch. Hence one of the reasons why I started this blog in the first place. I decided that it had been way to long. I would give her a call and see if she had plans or if she wanted to come hang out. I was in luck, she and her adorable baby were ready to come and play.When I first met Molly I was on my mission. I would see her at various transfer days and such. I was very intimidated by her. She was so put together and gorgeous!! She was so talented, she had a voice that was out of this world. She had been performing for many years, and she was just so dang outgoing. Everyone liked her, and I prayed that I wouldn't ever have to be companions with her. I just knew that I would feel like such a looser if that ever happened.
Well a few months later the Mission Pres call's up and my new companion was on her way to the area. Low and behold Miss Hottie Tottie and I were to be companions. I was so worried!
BUT, I had nothing to be worried about. Molly and I were kindred spirits. We were so different, but so much a like. We were so silly together. We knew what each other were thinking most of the time. She has a way about her that she makes who ever she is with feel like a million bucks. I felt, and still do feel like a better person because I know her. After our missions we decided to become room mates. I still remember driving around and looking at apartments. After we sat in the car and both prayed individually about the apartments we had seen, then talked about the answers we had received. Just like we used to do when looking for streets to tract. It was pretty funny. I have so many good memories of all our times together.
It is always so good to catch up with old friends and to see them doing so well. I was telling my mom that in my dream world that I would love to have all of the people in my life that I care about, live in a neighborhood all around me. That way I would always have them near.
Thank you Molly for being my friend!!
3 comments:
That was such a cute post! I love Molly. Her little girl is adorable! How fun that you got to see her.
Ummm.....I just found this post. Are you kidding me?? I get my very own post? Melissa--this made me feel so special. I can't believe you were ever intimidated by me...silly! I'm so glad we were able to get together in the PC. I felt like I wasn't quite my usual crazy self most of the day (I have this strange paranoia that when I get together with old friends they expect me to always be upbeat and make them laugh and if I don't "perform" they will be let down or think "I've changed" or something...blah, blah, blah) Anyway..the point is-- I had so much fun with you and the girls and I'm so glad you called. Let's get together again soon! And thank YOU for being my friend! You are the talented one!!
I am happy you liked my ODE to you. LOL, I was worried that I used your pictures and you would be mad. But I love them. For sure we will get together again soon.
Post a Comment