Saturday, January 1, 2011

SPS- Shameless Project Showoff



Just a few blankets I made this year.  The first one was one I made for King J's parents.  I had each of the siblings send me a yard each of fabric that reminded them of both their mom and their dad.  It was fun to watch it all come together and the stories behind each fabric.

The second one was for my sister in law for Christmas.  I love how it turned out.

The third one is for my own bed.  My mom said it was the largest blanket she has quilted.  It filled the whole machine.  The blue striped fabric around the edge was the inspiration.  We picked that fabric up when we visited Korea a few years ago.

I think all 3 of them turned out great.  But this year I think I will make a few smaller ones.  I don't get burned out as fast. :)

2 comments:

Juice or "King J" said...

You are amazing! Our quilt is awesome and everyone has loved their gifts...this post doesn't mention all the baby blankets too...I think it's an awesome skill to have.

Rochelle said...

I admit that I read your blog through google reader, and I have to actually link to it to post a comment. That extra step is just hard sometimes.

Having said that... I've been thinking about these quilts for days. You are very talented, Missie. I especially love the one that you made for your sister-in-law.