I decided to go the the ENT last week because in 2010 I had 8 sinus infections and 1 already in 2011. I was wondering if something more was going on in there. He wanted to do some allergy testing to see if environmental factors were triggering my sinus' to act up. We both figured something was since moving here from Utah 2 years ago has only made it worse.
Well they tested me for about 40 things. All environmental, or air born stuff. I was high-severe on all but about 10 of them. The nurses kept coming in and their eyes would get big when they saw how big the bumps on my arms were getting and saying WOW! The Dr told me I was probably one of the worst cases he had seen as far as being so high in SO many of them. The only things I didn't react to at all were all the molds, dust mites and dogs. But all the trees, grasses, cats, and and and.
I think the South, and our home smack dab in the middle of a forest of trees is the perfect place for me.
So he said it is the #1 factor to me getting so many infections and now being borderline asthmatic. It is also hereditary so I am having my kids tested too.
For treatment, because I am so severe, I get to go in every single week for 3 YEARS and get a shot.
They sent me to the pharmacy to get an 2 epi pens and keep them on me for 24 hours since they pumped my system so full of so many things that I reacted so badly too.
I don't know how I am breathing at all. lol I think I will go find my bubble now.


8 comments:
Oh my gosh! That looks like torture!
Oh good grief. You poor thing. That bubble does sound pretty good.
That is AWFUL! Bri has had a constant runny nose since we moved to VA & it doesn't even stop for the winter, but she had the same test (and HATED, HATED, HATED getting pricked with all that stuff) and NOTHING showed up, nothing, I was shocked. I really expected her arm to turn out like yours, so she just had to keep on & I guess I get to play the bug the doctor until we find the answer game. Good luck with all of your sinus infections! Those are miserable. :(
Ohh! I am so sorry! I'll bet you itch like crazy, too!
Ok, I think you should move back to Utah. Blehhh. Not, not fun!
We were both surprised with the results of the tests...just to be clear...at this time we don't expect to move as a result of this. She has never been completely miserable during the summers here (unlike others I know who are very sick throughout) so while there has been some talk of moving to a different house in the area near where we live...we really haven't seriously talked about more than that...for now. :)
So, do they not do your back anymore?
Did you do any foods?
Wow! You poor girl! I have done some thinking and I have decided to keep my own trials...I don't want allergies. I am so sorry! You must be able to handle them better than I could. :)
Post a Comment