Tuesday, June 16, 2009

If a wood chuck could chuck wood...

.....He would make shelves. :)
We just had an incredible week with my Dad and my sister here to visit.

We have a big storage room that was very lacking in the shelve department. On one end of the room there were some. But they were way over done. Probably to hold car parts or something. Anyway, somehow we twisted my dads arm into coming out and helping us make better use of the space in the room.
First off, my dad is the best! I don't think I told him that enough growing up. He is so talented in so many ways. Especially in the handyman area. I have always admired that skill of his. Also, he is honestly the most hard working person I have EVER known. He is in his 50's and still works circles around King J and I. There was a point where he and I had been down working on the shelves all day long and I could hardly move. When we came up to get get ready for dinner I saw a huge basket of laundry on the couch and I said, "well I forgot about that. It is going to have to wait for another day. I just can't do it tonight. " To which he replied, "Oh you go get in the shower. I will take care of it" and he did. He is just the greatest!

We started our big project by ripping out the old shelves so we could use the lumber in a better way and to cut down on the cost of what we needed to buy as well as construct something better in their place. Then it was decided to hang sheet rock on the half of the room that was missing it. Then we were just about constructing them. 4 days later and I couldn't be happier with the end result. The princesses even helped and thought it was awfully fun to fill their buckets with the "fairy" dust and sprinkle it all around the yard.

Now I just have to get them filled back up with our years supply. A task that I greatly enjoy.

Thanks again Dad. You are the best!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We are all looking at these fun pictures. Connor man loves the monkeys. Abbie, Annie, and Parker love looking at the fairy dust and grampa with his 'hat'. Thanks for sharing, but now we're missing you guys!

Beth said...

Your dad is great! The shelving is beautiful. I'm very inspired.
Keep blogging. While I don't comment often, I like a lot of what you post.
Thanks.