Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Big girl on Campus part 2

Well today was a really big day at our house. Princess E started Kindergarten. She has been waiting all summer for this day. It was a hard decision deciding to let her start here since we know we will be moving in 3 weeks. But it will be a good transition as she is only half day afternoon here, and in Georgia she will be full day. We have been talking about how lucky she is to get to go to 2 kindergartens. A practice one and a new one in a few weeks. Sh has eaten it all up.

She was a little apprehensive once she found out she would have the "boy" teacher. But today she got up and was just fine and excited to go. In fact she was sad that she had to wait until after lunch to head out the door.

As for me, I handled it quite well. Not emotional at all. I think I got it all out of my system last year when she started preschool. That was a hard one for me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

yay for Kindergarten

Aubrey Garff said...

You are so good because it made me want to cry just looking at these pictures. I remember the first time I saw her and the first time I babysat her. She was 5 months old but seemed like only weeks old. You had told me that I was the first person outside of the family to watch her and I was so nervous that I had her sleep on my chest the whole time just to make sure that she would be okay. I never imagined what good friends our girls would become and it is almost too much to know that they may never see each other again. Although you will be in Atlanta and we will be in Arizona, I know that Claire will never forget Millie. We love you guys, you have been our family for 5 years and we thank you for it.