Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Shameless project showoff

So it seems I have caught a bug. The Quilting bug that my mom and sister Rochelle seem to have. I made my very first baby quilt this last month. I am SO proud! It is for a friend who is having a baby girl any day. Here is a close up of the actual quilted part. My mom has her own quilting business where she has a huge quilting machine that takes up half of the basement. She is having tons of fun getting used to it and playing around with the thousands of designs that she can do.

I am so excited, and I already have the next 3 planned out in my mind.

4 comments:

Rochelle said...

It looks amazing! Great job. I love the pattern. I might have to copy it for my next one.

Anna....of Anna's Quilting Designs said...

I am so dang proud of you!!! This is a really fun hobby, and allows the creative juices to flow. I'm going to put your quilt on the website as soon as I can figure out how to get all of them off my camera!

Candy said...

I love your quilt! Your Mom and I would definitley hit it off. When you talk "quilt" you are talking my language! Have fun in Korea! Buy a few pieces of beautiful silk while you are there. One day you can use it in something very special!!!
I love visintg your blog! Aunt Candy

VTS said...

Hey Melissa! Thanks for sending me your link. It's great to see pictures of your cute family and to see what you've been up to. Congrats on your quilt! That's impressive. Hope to see you again sometime soon. We really should put together a dinner with all the sisters around. Talk to you later.
-Vanessa
P.S. I'm really enjoying that Cheeseburger song. Can't stop laughing.