Wednesday, September 5, 2007

"I'm a Big Kid Now"

Today was a very big day for the Royal Family. Princess E was finally able to go to preschool. It has been a fun couple of weeks, as we have counted down the days.

We pulled out the scrapbook paper and we made her countdown chart together for craft day about 3 weeks ago. She was really good at remembering everyday to put on a new letter sticker so she could see the days pass by. Then the big day finally was here. We started it off last night by having a FHE about priesthood blessings and then King J gave her a fathers blessing. Princess M also sat still long enough for him to give her one too. Then we talked about what was going to happen when she went to school and the types of things she would learn. Then we asked her what she was the most excited about and she said, "Um, playing. Playing with my friends."
We laid out her new school clothes last night and she woke up bright and early and got herself all ready to go. Princess M decided that she wanted to "yuck in my Shirt" for the picture. LOL she cracks me up.
This one was just to priceless. I turned around and Princess E had her arm around Princess M and was telling her, " I am going to school today. But I will be back and when you get bigger you can go to school too OK?"
This is where she goes to her school. It is called, "Building Bridges Preschool."
She has been waiting for weeks to wear her new backpack. She is SO cute.

They had to find their names before heading in. Hers was the purple crayon on the bottom. Headin' in. She wasn't shy at all. Just excited. I on the other hand was having a very hard time holding back the tears. I held it together pretty good. Until I got back to the car. :)

Princess E and her new teacher, Mrs Bodine.Finding the cubby with her name on it, and her place at the table. I was a little worried when I saw the scissors sitting with each of the name tags. LOL I made sure to warn her teacher about her recent mishap and to keep a close eye on every ones hair. LOLThis was the scene when I came to pick her up. It is a good group of kids. There are a total of 12, and a good mix of boys and girls.
And here she is with one of her best friends Claire, who is in the same class. Claire has been going all summer to Building Bridges. So she is an old pro and helped show Princess E the ropes.


As any of you moms out there can agree, it is hard to see your little ones grow up. It is just hard to begin cutting the apron strings. You know it is what they need to grow and to become the people that you want them to be, but you are not sure if you are ready for that yet. I am sure next week will be better. Besides it will give me the time to have the one on one time with Princess M, who did wonderfully by the way. I will just need to make her her own name tag next week. That is what she was sad about. She wanted her own name tag. LOL

1 comment:

Rochelle said...

So sweet... I just love your little girls. They are so cute.