Monday, September 3, 2007

Having a hard time Choosing the Right

So we have had quite a few discussions in our family the last little while about what it means to choose the right. These pictures will help you see why.

Both princesses have decided it is really easy to climb up anywhere to get just about what ever they want. This is what I came down to after getting out of the shower one morning.That is toothpaste all over her face, neck, arms, legs and feet. She looked at me in this picture and said whining, "it hewtz momee, get it off!" This was after Princess E decided to climb up on top of my dresser and get a pair of regular size scissors off of my tall dresser. All the barbies are now bald as well.

There are spots where it is completely to the scalp. And it was pretty much all grown out almost to one length since the last beauty shop incident about 6 months ago. Princess E gave herself a nice mullet. Hers also was all grown out to one length and it looked so cute. I was planning on getting some prof. pictures done of her with her backpack since she starts preschool this week. It will be another memory now.
Nice hack job.
I don't think I have been that angry in a long time. When King J came upstairs to see what all the commotion was I was almost hyperventilating. He reminded me to calm down it was only hair and it would grow back.
She was the most upset that she wouldn't be able to wear pony tails for a long time.

After: Princess M's is still to the scalp in some spots. The 2 hairdressers just looked at each other and said, "so what do you think we should do?" I told them "whatever you can. If it has to just be shaved all off to save it, then do what you have to do." I think they did a pretty good job considering what they had to work with. Besides she likes to go around feeling it and saying "yook mom, mine air pikey"Princess E is pretty excited with hers as well. We have since figured out a cuter way to style it. It is very naturally curly in the back and sides. And today we found out it still fits 2 little pig tails on top. That made her pretty happy.
I was at the grocery store the other night and King J called me pretty upset and said that he found these 2 upstairs "just cleaning up" (their words). They had found their way to my make up drawer and there was makeup everywhere in our bathroom. One of them had even taken a lip pencil and drew a nice mural on the wall where our headboard should be. This picture was taken after King J had already cleaned up a bunch of it off of them too.

I got really sick that night and they both ended up with those black eyes for a few days. It was kinda funny to see every time I was coherent enough to see them.
Here they are cleaning up more of the lip pencil we found later.
So as you can see, any advice you may have on how to help our dear princesses to try harder in choosing the right, would really prolong their lives and my sanity.

4 comments:

Rochelle said...

Oh man, I wanted to cry when I saw those pictures! The after pictures don't look too bad. Does Maddie wear headbands at all? We could make her some flat ribbon ones and send them out... They are still super cute little girls. I hope they start doing better soon. Hopefully it's just a phase they'll grow out of.

King J, Queen M, Princess E and Princess M said...

Thanks for the offer for the head bands. She wouldn't leave them in though. She hates having anything in her hair. It is good she likes to have it spikey. LOL

Kyle said...

So, I hate to say it, but I believe that this is a case of "Gramma Christensen Curse." I worry about what's gonna happen when the curse hits our family.

Anna....of Anna's Quilting Designs said...

kyle, u r so mean. it took me a minute to figure out what you were talking about...but then i remembered that millie/maddie's mommy did much the same thing on more than one occasion....:o)