Monday, November 27, 2006

It's beginning to look alot like Christmas!


Friday was "Family Fun Day". We spend the day as a family putting up all of our Christmas decorations. We had such a good day. It was the first year that dad was here to help us. It is also the first year that we get to have 2 trees. I was lucky enough to get a HUGE one off of freecycle last year. We have learned that princess M LOVES Christmas lights. She giggles so much and gets all kinds of excited when they turn on.
We have had fun getting ready to put up the trees. I made a lot of homemade ornaments this year. Some of my favorite ones are these cinnamon/applesauce ones. They look like gingerbread. Princess E was a great helper when it was time to put them on the tree. To the left is a picture of the branch of the tree where she was putting them all. I looked and when I saw that she had about 6 of them on the same branch I told her we should probably move some around. She told me, " No mom, they are a family and need to stay together." Well, who could move them after that.
I love decorating the house. It makes it so festive and inviting. I really am grateful for the talent that I have been blessed with to make things look nice. It really makes me feel good.
Merry Christmas.

1 comment:

Rochelle said...

Your house always looks SO beautiful at christmas time... good job!