Wednesday, June 29, 2011
Sewing lessons
When I was about the girls age my sister, and I think even my older brother, took sewing lessons. Kind of like one would take piano lessons but we learned how to sew. Well I am not a seamstress by any stretch of the imagination, but I know basic stuff. I mostly make simple quilt tops and the princess', especially princess E has been bugging me for months to let her help me sew. So on Sunday after King J asked me how to teach him to make button holes (wish I got a picture of that) The girls talked me into a sewing lesson. I decided an easy place to start was a scrunchy. They of course had no idea what I was talking about. But once I grabbed one that was in the way back of the bathroom drawer they knew what I was talking about and were excited. They did a fantastic job and and were quick learners. Still kinda short to reach the pedals. But it was fun. Princess E now wants her own sewing machine. Hmmm, we shall see.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment