I attended Enrichment meeting (I know it isn't called that any more. Oh well) tonight and we talked a little bit about keeping a journal. I brought up the point that now days, blogs are a great way to keep a journal. I thought a little bit about my comment and realized part of the reason I started blogging was to keep a better record, or journal of sorts of our family. But I have done a pretty poor job of keeping up on it. I am on the computer far to much during the day and I have zero excuses why I can't make an entry every single day. I think I get hung up on needing to put pictures with each entry. That is important too, but not necessary.
Anyway, back to enrichment. They gave us some lists of ideas of things we could do journal entries about if we didn't have anything to write for the day. I decided I am going to take those lists and do my best every single day to write something here. Wish me luck.
We also played a game where we all wrote a "journal" entry on an index card and we guessed who's card they each were. So to start off this whole new blogging experience for me, here is what I wrote on my card.
"Today was a "good mommy day". It started off with preschool, which has been non existent for the last few months. Princess M and I learned what a drizzle and a down pour are. Yep you guessed it. We learned about rain. Cool visuals since today was extra wet outside. :)
Since starting home school preschool with Princess M last fall, I have learned a few things. First, she is one smart cookie. She amazes me each and every day with how smart she is. She catches on really quickly with just about everything. She also takes school very seriously and could do it all day long.
I have also surprised myself. I was very terrified to be the teacher. But between teaching her and my calling as the Sunbeam teacher (and my years as pri pres) I have learned I really have a talent teaching young kids. It's not to say I like it all the time. But it really is something I am good at.
Being able to do preschool with Princess M has also really strengthened our relationship. I have learned she and I are very alike in many area's. We both get frustrated with new concepts and when we can't do it perfectly, or think we might fail, we just quit. It is easier to have someone else do it for us. We both are also very visual with our learning. She grasps concepts so much better when she can see it on the computer or through an activity far better than me just telling her.
So yeah, today was a "good mommy day".
1 comment:
Great post! I learned something new about you. I didn't know you home schooled! Good for you!!
And I agree w/ the needing to post more for journaling purposes (not for you, for me)... any chance you could share the list they gave of what to write about?
Post a Comment