Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Still thankful

We knew moving across the country a year ago was the right thing for our family. But it wasn't easy leaving everyone we knew and loved and going to a place where we didn't know anyone. We LOVE being closer to King J's family and that was enough to get us through the first few lonely months. But over time we have been able to make some really great friends. Both as a couple and individually.

I am SO thankful for the friendships I have made over the last year. You ladies all know who you are and you truly have blessed my life. I have learned some really great skills from you. I am on my way to becoming a coupon master because of you. I am learning to like exercising because of you. Friday nights are no longer just date nights, but volleyball nights. (we need to get back on a schedule;) I am grateful for the monthly girl time we get to share together. And most of all I am grateful that we all get along so well. It isn't often that you can have 8-10 women who are good friends, who all feel included and not have the occasional cat fight, gossip or hurt feelings among them. Heavenly Father truly has blessed me with your friendships.

3 comments:

Shannon said...

I am so glad you've made some great friends there!!! We still miss you tons though!

Unknown said...

I am glad you are closer to me!! I love all your thankfulness! Makes me think about the things i should be more thankful for.

Jaedyn, Landon, Tanner and Baby Bryn said...

I feel blessed to have you in my life as well. It's not often that you find a "couple" that you can be ggod friends with both the wife & the husbands like each other!