wn bubble and make do.King J and I both grew up in area's that had lots of kids and we would never be bored, we would just go find someone to play with because there was always someone in the neighborhood to play with.
So when we moved, we were hoping for the same kind of childhood for our kids. But it hasn't been the case. At least we didn't think so. The girls play with the friend across the street on occasion, but she is VERY scheduled down to the minute and it is usually planned out a week or so in advance. But other than her, we just didn't think there was anyone on the street.
Well Princess E rides the bus and she has been talking for weeks about different kids that want her to come play. Well being the protective parent that I am, and really just not wanting to leave my bubble I have said NO repeatedly. Or "No, I don't know their parents etc." Well today she wore me down and I caved. I sucked it up and decided to go meet some of the pa
rents on the street so there aren't any more excuses and they aren't so "bored". We have some really nice neighbors and there are more kids on the street that are closer to the girls ages than we thought. Princess E knew that. She rides the bus with them every day.So today I am thankful for outgoing kids. Kids who aren't like me and who aren't afraid to get out there and meet new people.
2 comments:
SO true! Kids are great that way, and it is really hard to meet people just so that your kids have someone to play with. You are a great Mom!
You go girl! Make them some bread. It is a great ice breaker.
Post a Comment