A HUGE thank you to Jared and Kathy for opening their home and their free passes to help us create some wonderful memories as a family.
We had been planning our trip down to Disney World ever since we moved to GA. Even though we were lucky enough to have connections for free passes, we still had to figure in all the other expenses, and the crowds and the heat. :) So the date was set and we began saving. We waited to tell the kids until we were only a few months out. The count down calendar was made. The pennies were saved and the prayers for us to go to Disneyland began.
The week began a little crazy. 1/4 of Georgia was under water. I was sick with the flu and there was more rain in the forecast. But prayers were answered, bags were packed and pennies taken to the bank and turned into 10 dollars (way to go girls!). We were finally on our way. A few potty breaks and gas stations in, the girls fall in love with some animals in purses. I told them it was up to them how they spent their $10. But there would be lots and lots of other things that they may want to buy. So maybe we should wait and if there wasn't, then they can buy it on the way home. Best plan ever! They didn't ask for a thing while in the parks because all the time they had their little kitties and doggies in the back of their minds when looking at all the fun stuff. But then King J and I had to remember which exit that po-dunk gas station was on, on the way home. Made for a fun time.
The first day I learned just how out of whack my hormones still are. When it wasn't even 9 am and I was DYING from the heat. I literally was sweating my butt off. Good thing I remembered to take a beach towel in with me. (Thanks Dad)
The girls dressed up in their new princess dresses and made sure they had their autograph books ready. The highlight of their day was meeting the princesses. We lucked out and the line was short. This mom felt like a huge dork when she teared up as she heard her little girl tell Cinderella that she is her favorite and has always been. To which Cinderella replied with a spin and a hug. King J looked at me and asked what was wrong and I just told him it was awesome to see her meeting her hero. It's those sweet moments that make everything else as a parent worth it.
We went on rides, met lots and lots of other great Disney characters and saw some AMAZING shows. I got to ride in a wheelchair the second day because of the gigantic blister on my foot. King J's armor never shined as bright, as when when he came around the corner pushing my silver carriage. I didn't know how I was going to make it though the day. He was in tune enough to know I was struggling, but not wanting to let it slow us down. Never was a man more handsome!
To end it all, we watched the fireworks at Cinderella's castle in torrential rain. (the only time we left the poncho's at home) Seriously, my shoes just finished drying out yesterday, a week later. But it is what made the final memory.
So enjoy the pictures and look forward to a few fun video's in the day's to come.
4 comments:
So fun. I love all the pictures! I totally would have cried too... you're not a crazy mom.
I think I'm a crazy grandma too, because I cried just looking at the pictures! How exciting for all of you. I'm soooo glad you got to experience this together!
Yeah!!! How fun to go on a fun adventure! Don't worry, the tears are signs of a fabulous mother! We do some crazy things, but hey, that's what we are supposed to do! Glad you had a great time!
Post a Comment