Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Shameless Brag


I am so dang proud of this little girl! I just came from parent teacher conference and I learned something that explains a lot.

At her last ptc, in the fall, we had only been here about a month and she had missed that first month of GA school. She was struggling a little bit, just by sheer fact that she was late, and GA K is a lot tougher than Utah K. SO much more is required from them. But she has plugged along and has had a few struggles here and there over the past 6 months, but over all she has done great and is really excelling. I learned she is reading at a first grade level and she completes a book report each week. She also has already done her first research paper.

Anyway, long story short, her teacher failed to mention in the fall that when she joined their class, it wasn't by testing her and finding the right class to place her in, but because their class had the lowest number of students so that is where they put her. Well her class is the gifted cluster class. For all the kids who tested WAY above the state mandatory level and needed a more challenging classroom setting.

It made this mom very happy and proud to see that not only has she pretty much caught up, but is doing really well and is right with middle of the spectrum in her class.



3 comments:

Anna....of Anna's Quilting Designs said...

This gramma is DANG proud!! Thanks for sharing!

Aubrey Garff said...

way to go Millie!

VTS said...

What a wonderful thing for a mother to hear! I'm so proud of Princess M!