Friday, October 10, 2008

Who needs furniture anyway??

Not us I guess. We finally got them to give us a date that they would be here with our things on Wednesday. They told us that they could be here on Friday the 10th. (keep in mind we have been trying to get them to commit to delivering it the 9th for 2 weeks) So we spent our first night here last night on the air mattress. (good thing I thought ahead in case this might happen.) So I woke up this morning, really not expecting them to be here before 3-4 any way since they never called to give us a time. Just going off of the last interaction with them. All morning King J tries to get an answer from them as to what time we can expect them. They won't return his calls.

A dispatcher finally calls him and tells him that they can't get the driver to answer his phone. They will keep trying. We figure it is just our luck that the truck probably got in an accident or something and all of our stuff is gone. Around 2 pm she calls King J and tells him that the truck broke down in TEXAS (what the heck ???) and they won't be here with our stuff until Sunday at the earliest.

So like I said, who needs furniture anyway?

5 comments:

Rochelle said...

freakin heck! What is with the bad luck for you guys? I guess we all have our struggles lately! Good luck...

Aubrey Garff said...

I am so sorry. Makes me terrified for us. I will call them the minute our new house goes under contract.

VTS said...

Of course that would happen. Of course it would! But I'm postive that it will be memorable for those two little girlies - snuggling up with mom and dad on a single air mattress in an empty house. It's an adventure!

Good luck with everything. Thanks for keeping us updated.

Meshelle said...

I can't believe all this mess you are dealing with...completely unprofessional....argh!! Good luck! I hope they show up soon!!!

Anonymous said...

I hope your stuff came.