Sunday, October 19, 2008

Is it time for a nap yet??

Because my body sure is ready for one. Well the furniture came while we were at church last week. It did my little heart good when we pulled up and the big truck had to park out on the street and they had to not only haul our junk up all the stairs, but the long hill of a driveway that we have. We only had a few casualties and acquired a few new bikes that we haven't seen before. But the majority of our stuff seems to have made it OK.

I have spent the last week unpacking, attending play groups and a RS retreat. I am glad I have been able to stay busy because homesickness is starting to set in a little bit. Good thing my mom will be visiting this week. That should help.

We have begun making a few new friends though. There is a really nice family that lives across the street who has 1 daughter who is 6 and the mom and I seem to have a few things in common. There are lots of enrichment groups that I have been able to attend to try to make friends in the ward too. But I sure do miss so many of you.

6 comments:

Rochelle said...

Yeah for play groups, RS retreats and Enrichment groups! Way to get yourself out there... that is the best way to make friends. I'm glad that you get mom for a few days this week! Hang in there... call me and we'll cry together if you need to! I miss you so dang much, I'm about ready to jump in my car and come down and see you. I love you!

Aubrey Garff said...

I hear you about the homesickness! I hope the truck shows up to our house on time. I am glad that your mom will be visiting. Mine is coming the day after we get into the house and I know I could really use to see her right now. Hang in there! Love you guys!
ps.

Shannon said...

I'm glad your furniture finally arrived in one piece. Hope you find your missing things... or that they aren't very important things.

Miss you tons! I keep wanting to stop by your house and I almost sent an invite to Tristan's bday party until I realized you couldn't come :(

You still coming out in Nov for Angie's wedding?

Anonymous said...

hope you get all your things sorted and find everything ok. Have fun making new friends and getting settled.

Molly Bice-Jackson said...

3 Things.

1) I'm so sorry we didn't get together before you left. I was just...in a fog, depressed, in a funk, not very capable for long periods of time to think, plan, drive. I'm doing better bit by bit. I'm sorry.

2) I want to see photos of your new place! This is exciting.

3) When I clicked on your blog "Elmo's Song" started playing and I LOST IT. LOST. IT. I haven't heard that song since Lucy and I used to watch him almost everyday. Oh...my heart. I didn't know that song could/would do that to me. People say that little things will trigger memories and emotions...wow. That came out of nowhere for me.

I love you.

Beth said...

Missy, I'm so sorry you're feeling homesick. I hated that part of being away from family. I only had to do it when we did summer internships, and that was still hard. I hope you make some friends in your ward.
Good luck!!