So King J told me that I needed to take a picture of our Christmas tree and post it. I am pretty proud of it myself. This HUGE tree was my very first find on freecycle. (If you don't know what freecycle is, it is basically an online DI where you give and get stuff for free. Just do a Google search and find one in your area.) Last year was the first time that we put it up and it was kinda pitiful since we didn't have enough ornaments to decorate 2 small trees, let alone a 7.5 footer.
So this year I started planning early and I created our "Jesus" tree. All of the ornaments are Christ centered. There are handmade wooden stars, representing the carpenter and the star. The red balls have the word Love written on them representing his sacrifice. The ceramic nativity's for his birth, the twine and raffia garland representing the straw and the rope while he was carrying the beam to the cross. And the white ribbons winding up to the top representing his resurrection and his second coming.
Anyway, I think it is pretty, and it helps us keep the focus on our Savior.

Anyway, I think it is pretty, and it helps us keep the focus on our Savior.
2 comments:
That is incredible!!! I love seeing how it all came together!!!
Missie, you did an awesome job!! I saw the little secret sister ornaments on the board, but it's nice to see the whole big tree. It seriously is beautiful!
Post a Comment