Saturday, December 22, 2007

In a one kid open sled

For the last 3-4 Fridays, there has been a big snow storm. I think Mother Nature must like having a lot of fun watching all of us driving in it. Well I decided to make the most of it a few weeks ago and I took the girls sledding. I was hoping that it would go better than it did last year. Boy did it ever. They had so much fun. They are so cute when they are all bundled up in their snow suits.
I looked back at a stop light and I saw this cute little face. They both have started to insist that they wear their sunglasses in the car whenever we go anywhere.
Princess E was so excited when we got there that she didn't even notice that there were stairs right to her left. She just made a be line up the snow. There wasn't a path or anything. It was about to her thighs.
She was so dang brave. For being so timid in so many things, I was so proud of her when she jumped on the sled and headed right down, and did it again, and again, and again. She got a little tired of having to bring the sled back up, but found it easier when I showed her how to drag it behind her with the rope.
Princess M didn't want to ride in it at all, but was more than happy to give big sister a push.She was much more content to just go down on her bottom. Fine by me at least there weren't tears. But I did decide that it is a much better activity to do with both parents. Once they are done sledding they are to tired to help carry themselves back to the car let alone any of the sledding equipment.

1 comment:

Karyn said...

How fun! They are so cute all bundled up. Man, I wish I could still have that much fun in the snow. I can't wait until Dianna is older so I can finally enjoy winter again!