Monday, March 12, 2007

These are a few of my favorite things

Since the girls birthdays are getting close I thought I would do a post about some of their favorite things. Things that we don't go a day without mentioning, playing, or watching. Princess E is getting to the age where advertising on television is really effecting her. Whenever the sees a commercial for the new Disney Princess Enchanted playground she goes nuts. "Mom, that looks like lots of fun. I am going to ask Santa for that for my birthday." (her exact words every time) Then the girls were at the neighbors house the other day and the older sister has a collection of the Polly pockets. She played for a few hours. She was in heaven. I was at walmart the other day looking at the Enchanted playgrounds and I saw these new Disney princess Polly pockets. I think this will be the best of both worlds for her. She will be surprised when she opens it from her little sis. And they weren't very expensive at all. Which is good so we can add to them later on, as there are all the princesses to choose from.
So I happened to come across this show one day when I was looking for something new for the girls to watch. It is a show on the public access channel out of Canada called The Big Comfy Couch. The girls LOVE it. It is mostly about Loonette and her puppet doll Molly. But it has taught the girls some really good concepts. Like exercise, (stretching on the clock rug every episode) the 10 second tidy (clean up of the room at the end of every episode) and fun songs like the one that has been stuck in my head all weekend "No means NO". They adore it. We always have a few shows recorded on tivo so they can watch it on a whim if they want to.
Princess M has recently found the joy of "Dorda" She is glued to the screen whenever she hears the music. She usually does a pretty good job with the words of most of the songs too.

And lastly George. Especially for Princess M. We love this little monkey. I was out shopping for Easter dresses the other day and Princess M was in the stroller. She starts freaking out saying "Dorge, Dorge, Dorge, monkey, monkey" She could see a t-shirt with his picture on it. I got it down for her and she clung onto it the whole way through the store.
Anyway, I just wanted to share some of the things that make the princesses happy.

3 comments:

Rochelle said...

I am always so amazed at how similar Grace and Maddie are. It's like they're the same person in a different state! :) We miss you guys so much!

B.G. Christensen said...

Sophie loves Dora. She talks about going over to her "friend" Dora's house all the time, and we watch it every day.

Rochelle said...

I tried to get Lincoln to borrow a dvd of big comfy couch at the library yesterday... he politely refused. I even told him that Millie loves it and he wasn't very impressed. Oh well!