Sunday, December 24, 2006

Charlotte's Web

King J and I have a long history of Movie watching. It all began back in our courtship days. For our Second date we went and saw one of the Lord of the Rings flicks. I got brave enough to try and hold his hand. Right after I slipped my hand into his arm, he got up and went to the bathroom. I was crushed. The whole time he was gone I was second guessing myself. Well he came back and flat out held my hand and everything was great. We went on more and more dates. We LOVED going to the movies. There even was a time when we had seen every movie that was playing at the Century 16 theatre. Our movie viewing days did not die when we got hitched. They just slowed way down. Usually, when we get the occasional date night, we still go see a movie.
Well we had a nostalgic moment this weekend at the movies. We decided to take the girls to their first big screen movie. Princess E had been seeing the commercials for Charlotte's Web for a few weeks. She was so excited to go. Princess M probably could have cared less. We walked in and Princess E's eyes were so big. We found our seats and the previews started. She turned to me and with a big smile said "This is cool mom, it is loud."
I got a huge lump in my throat. It was like we were introducing our precious girls into part of our married world. They did so well in the movie. It probably helped that it was chuck full of live animals. One of their favorite things. Princess M ended up just running up and down the ramp the last 20 minutes or so, but that was to be expected.

I love my family!!

1 comment:

Rochelle said...

you guys are so cute. we were just remembering when we went to x-men with you guys on our anniversary so many years ago... fun times.